The Association for Tropical Biology and Conservation is international in scope, membership, and objectives, functioning as an international body to promote research, education, conservation, and communication for tropical biology.
- To promote an awareness, within as wide a public as possible, of the importance of tropical biology and conservation.
- To promote research in all aspects of tropical biology and conservation.
- To promote education in tropical biology and conservation.
- To promote and improve communication and cooperation among investigators, educators, environmental managers, and human communities in the tropics.
- To inform and influence individuals and institutions whose decisions affect tropical habitats and their biota.
- To encourage the establishment, improvement, maintenance and accessibility of physical facilities, databases, and collections of biological materials for the study of tropical biology and conservation.
- To encourage the preservation of tropical biological diversity and to safeguard it for posterity, for its intrinsic worth and its aesthetic and tangible values to humanity.